OpenThings Forums RFToy How Load Sketch onto RFToy to bypass faulty USB socket

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I have two RFToys (Classic versions, a couple of years old). I have used them to control RF wall switches (bathroom fans), powering them via the USB port. However, both have now failed – specifically, if appears that a USB component has failed, as the units both still run the loaded sketch to turn the fans on and off, if I power the units with a coin cell battery.

I want to now use the RFToys to record the codes for another brand of RC switch. That is, I need to load the RFrecorder sketch onto the units. BUT, I cannot do this via USB, given this element has failed.

Question: Can I load sketches onto the RFToy separate to the build-in USB port? I have tried to load the RFrecorder sketch by connecting my (DFRobot) USB Serial Adapter in the way that I load other non-USB arduinos (pro minis, moteinos, etc). I have connected VCC (3.3v), GND, TX, RX. In the IDE, I have selected Pro/Pro mini, 3.3v, 8MHz. I’m not sure which Programmer to select, but I’ve tried a number of them, without success. After a successful compile, I get an “Uploading …” indication but without success.

Is this a viable approach to reload sketches when the USB port has failed. If so, can anyone point to possible errors I have made with connections or IDE selections.

Much appreciated, Mark

Anonymous
    Inactive

sdada

Anonymous
    Inactive

Use an ISP programmer to upload your sketches to the Leonardo.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenThings Forums RFToy How Load Sketch onto RFToy to bypass faulty USB socket